HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working
HyperX Cloud 2 is renowned for its fascinating design and extraordinary quality. Good sound quality and comfortable style make it more desirable to the gamers. The fact that it has velour earpads and replaceable leatherette make it a must have amongst the users. However, lately, users have been facing problems with the HyperX Cloud 2 mic.
We understand how infuriating this can be, especially when you’re an avid gamer and you can’t hear the other players during the game. Spoils the fun, eh? Well, worry not! We went ahead and came up with a few fixes to help you solve this problem. Let’s get started!
Solution 1 : Try Doing Basic Troubleshooting
– Make sure that the mic on the headset is connected properly.
– Check if you have accidentally activated the “mute” switch while using the USB switcher.
– Check if the cords are properly connected to the ports, they shouldn’t be too loose or too tight. You can remove the connector and try plugging in them again.
– Check if the USB port is working fine by plugging in the USB cable into some other port. You can also try replacing the USB with a 3.5 mm jack if this is the case.
– Go to Window’s taskbar> click right on the speaker button> Choose ” Troubleshoot Sound Problems”. Perform the steps for troubleshooting.
Solution 2 : Thoroughly Check the Sound Settings
You will need to check if the HyperX Cloud 2 headphones are set as default or are not disabled on your system. This can be a very common reason sometimes and can hinder your mic from working.
Steps to enable your device and to set them as default device:
– Press down the Logo key on Windows and the R key on the keyboard simultaneously. This will make the “Run” pop up appear. Put in “Control” and press Enter.
– Go to the Control Panel > Select “Sound” from the dropdown menu > Click on Record
– Click right on the device list and choose “Show Disabled Devices”
– go to the Headset Microphone option and choose “Enable” by clicking right on it
– Click right again and Set as Default Device
Solution 3 : Check for Any Pending Updates on the Audio Driver
Your HyperX Cloud 2 mic won’t work if you are using outdated or corrupt audio drivers. You just need to update the driver if this is the issue causing the mic problem. For this:
– Repeat the step mentioned in Solution #1 and enter “devmgmt.msc” to access the Device Manager in the Run popup.
– Click on the Audio inputs and outputs and open the list
– Click right on the HyperX Cloud 2 mic driver and “Update”
– You will get a pop up, click on Search to update the Audio Driver. The system will show the available updates and install automatically.
Solution 4 : Try Resetting / Reinstalling Windows
It could be a possibility that the corrupt files on your system are causing problems with your HyperX Cloud 2 mic usage. So, it is advisable to create the necessary back up and reinstall Windows. Thereafter, you can reinstall the headset driver and check if this solves the mic problem.
We hope that the above stated solutions solve the mic problem you are dealing with. We recommend using one step at a time and checking if the mic issue is resolved before moving on to the next step.
Take Our Mic Test
You should now be able to use the Hyper X cloud 2 mic without any hindrance. Get help from this blog if you’re having trouble with PS4 mic.
Take our Mic test to check the qualtity of your Hyper X cloud 2 mic
Share this post with someone who you think can get benefitted.
Are you the one who uses Skype, Zoom or any other video based apps frequently? Not sure how your camera will work with these apps then try out our Webcam Test and be prepared for your online meetings.